What will Medicare cover?

What will Medicare cover?

Medicare is a social health insurance program administered by the federal government to help with the medical expenses of people over 65 years old. Speaking of people under 65, people with long-term disabilities and kidney failure who need dialysis, etc; they can also enroll in Medicare.

Medicare coverage depends primarily on the part of Medicare in which you enroll. Three months before his 65th birthday, he receives a Medicare card, which shows he has Medicare health insurance. At the age of 65, one automatically becomes eligible for Medicare. However, he/she needs to enroll in Medicare during the open enrollment period, which is from November 15 to December 31. When you enroll in Medicare advantage plans, you get direct access to Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance), which is free, which means you don’t have to pay premiums.Any person eligible for Part A also automatically becomes eligible for Part B (Medical Insurance). However, if he/she already receives social security, Medicare Part B may not be necessary. It can be deactivated by following the instructions on the Medicare card.

Medicare has four categories, if someone has one or a combination of these, you will get the following coverage for each party. As Part A is known as hospital insurance, it covers all hospitalization expenses. These include palliative care and time interval in palliative care, blood transfusion (except three liters per year), home supervision but not adults, long-term hospital care, but up to 60 days of hospitalization, After 60 days, coverage decreases, at the intersection 150 days, coverage is interrupted. It also covers bariatric obesity surgeries, expenses incurred by the beneficiary to visit non-medical religious health centers, specialized but not private nursing facilities, hospital room services, except TV and VCR in classrooms, medical equipment and others. supplies, etc., social services, chemotherapy, prescription drugs, anesthesia, transportation, regular meals, laboratory tests and the like.

The following is part B or medical insurance. If someone chooses to keep this part, they will get coverage for medical expenses and most of the things that Part A does not cover. Part B covers 80% of the medical bill and the beneficiary must pay the remaining 20%. This 20% is the coinsurance or copayment paid by the beneficiary and, of course, there are also deductibles. Part B medical expenses are outpatient services, medical and surgical services, glaucoma tests, ambulance transportation, mental illnesses, prostheses, bone mass density measurement, radiation treatments, breast cancer and other cancer tests, diagnosis and cardiovascular exams. It also covers mammograms, first aid treatment, radiology and pathology treatment.